- Next steps
- Step 1: Enroll in the Course
- Step 2: Video - How to use this course
- Step 3: Read - Tips & Best Practices from Emerge Education
- Step 4: Registration - How to Register to Join the Live Stream Event
- Module 1: On Camera Acting Technique - Learn the skills of performing on camera using voice, body, emotion and intention to create compelling characters in drama and comedy.
- Module 2: On Camera Audition Technique - This module explores the skills and techniques required to deliver impactful auditions that will help you to book the job.
- Module 3: On Camera Scene Study - Dive into the intricacies of dramatic scenes from film and television, exploring relationships, dynamics, conflict and resolution in both drama and comedy.
- Module 4: Improv - Become a spontaneous communicator, a team player or a team leader, a great collaborator, and gain the ability to use an artistic mindset to “think outside the box”, solve problems, and bring your community together.
Is this certificate through the USC School of Dramatic Arts?
Yes, this certificate will be taught by USC School of Dramatic Arts instructors. Your certificate will be sent through USC School of Dramatic Arts with your name and the name of the certificate completed. Fight On! (The Trojan Motto).
Who will I be working with?
Your primary Instructor is listed under 'Instructor Bio' on the Course Page of each class and can be contacted at the email listed.
How many classes does it take to complete the certificate?
Great Question! This certificate consists of 3 required classes and you choose 1 elective class, totaling 4 classes. For your convenience, you can see all of the classes offered on this Program Page for this certificate.
How long does each class take to complete?
Each course is 4 weeks long. So you can complete your certificate in single semester.
Can I take more than 1 elective?
Absolutely. We encourage you to take the courses that you feel most drawn to and excited to take. The certification only requires a total of 4 courses to complete the certificate. However, you can also take any classes a la carte for the price of that class.
How often do the class sessions meet?
Once a week. You will meet once a week for 4 weeks. Each class is 2 hours in length. The date & time, for each course, will be reflected on it's respective course page.
What if I miss a class, or want to review the class?
No problem. You will be able to access all sessions at your convenience, as they are recorded. You’ll see this recording once you login and access 'My Dashboard' after the class has ended for the day.
What if I miss the start date of a class? How often are the course offered?
Each course will be offered on a rolling 4-week cycle. So you need only wait until the next month, which will give you plenty of time to register and prepare for class.
How do I pay? Can I pay in payments?
According to the University enrollment and registration policy, payment has to made in full by the start date of the course.